Things To Do in HampiHampi (a UNESCO world Heritage site), the largest city in 16th century is now in ruins, apart from ruins there are many attractions in Hampi. It is the best Heritage site for tourism. Best things to do in hampi is as follows:
- First thing to do in Hampi is to enjoy sunrise in the morning which can be seen from your window/terrace or reach top of Matunga Hill by 6.30am for best view.
- Enjoy different sounds and different colors of birds, even if the names of the bird is not identified. It is said that there are around 190 different species of birds in Hampi.
- Walking is a must in Hampi, as the ruins were scattered over a large area, if you don’t love walking then hiring a bicycle/moped is possible here.
- In first week of November 'Hampi Utsav' is conducted. It is a visual delight for visitors where all the monuments are lit at night and also the cultural entertainment of dance and music is conducted. Enjoy this if you are lucky to travel in November.
- Have a Coracle Dongi ride to cross Tungabadra River, wonderful ancient rocks in the bright sun gives inexplicable pleasure. Don’t miss this wonderful experience.
- Archaeological museum is a treasury building with full of antique sculptures which reminds us the ancient Vijayanagara Empire. An information kiosk is also set up in the gallery to familiarize the tourists to the World Heritage site. It is open between 10am to 5pm all days except Friday.
- Highlight of Hampi is its fascinating ruins spread along a wide area. Must visit ruins are Virupaksha Temple, Stone Chariot, Anigundi Fort, Vittala Temple, Hazara rama temple, Kadalekalu Ganesha, Kings Balance, Lotus Mahal, Nandi Monolith Bull, Ranganatha Temple, Elephant Stables, Sasivekalu Temple, Ugra Narashimha Temple, Underground Siva Temple, Royal Enclosure etc.
- Never miss the Hampi Bazaar, which stretches before the Virupaksha Temple for relics and literature on Hampi.
- Excavation is still going on in Hampi, the best excavation in hampi is Stepped Tank, and it is an amazing structure, It is a must visit place and never miss to take a snap here.
- Go for a Safari and get a glimpse of some Indian Sloth bear in Daroji Bear Sanctuary. Basically sloth bears are not dangerous but they may be dangerous when found with cubs. So always stay alert with sloth bears.
- Hampi is a treat for Rock climbers. There are many small and big hills in and around hampi which are ideal for trekking. The nearest is Hemakuntha Hill near Hampi Bazaar and the highest is Mathunga Hill. Catch the hills to get a wonderful view of hampi and amazing view of Sunrise in the morning and Sunset in the evening.
- Here local artists make wonderful stone carvings and are a good buy, where the same is double the cost in Bangalore. So don’t miss to buy it.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0